1 fire 很棒的adj.
The film is fire. 这部电影非常棒!
Have you checked out my new phone? It’s fire. It can do so many cool things!你看到我的新手机了吗?它简直太棒了,可以做很多酷的事。
I went to a concert to see ‘Rob’s Rolling Biscuits’ last night. Their new song is fire.昨晚我去看了《罗布的摇滚饼干》,新出的歌太绝了。
That new series everyone is talking about is fire! It’s got dragons, zombies and vampires in it. I love it!??这部大家都在追的新出的连续剧太好看了!里面有龙,僵尸,还有吸血鬼。我超爱这部剧!
Your t-shirt is straight fire.你的T恤衫真的非常棒。(在这里straight=very)
2 roast =blame 严厉斥责; 批评
We had to roast the teacher after she was seen shopping when she was supposed to be off work with flu!这个老师借口患上流感请了病假,但却被发现正在购物,我们应当严厉斥责她。
After my PowerPoint presentation froze during an important meeting, my boss gave me a roasting.我的PPT在一次很重要的会议中卡住了,之后老板严厉批评了我。
She was roasted by her friends after she posted pictures of herself on social media showing off her ‘amazing’ suntan.当她在社交媒体上发布自己那些“棒极了的”美黑照片的时候,朋友们都批评她。
3 a sticking point 症结所在
Trade tariffs were a sticking point in the negotiations.关税是阻碍谈判进行的“症结”所在。
Bob and Ahmed could not agree on the budget. The amount spent on stationery was a real sticking point.鲍勃和艾哈迈德对预算方案无法达成统一意见。该在文具上花多少钱是真正的“谈判粘滞点”。
The amount of time it would take to build the railway was a sticking point when it came to signing the final agreement.签署最终协议时,修建铁路所需的时间是一个“问题粘滞点”。
Your jokes were a real sticking point in our friendship!你的玩笑简直就是我们之间友谊的“症结”所在。
鑫泉出国全国品牌留学机构,提供最新留学资讯,为您成功留学不遗余力!如有疑问欢迎拨打以下咨询热线:
资讯来源:未知
责任编辑:陈中颖